Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Sound of Water Running in the Church

On the missionary CD, The Work, the last song is called "The Hardest Thing I've Ever Loved to Do". It's about this one Elder's most memorable moments of his mission. I love that song, and my favorite part goes like this...
The hardest tears I've ever loved to cry
Fell as I opened up my mouth and testified
Between the tiny walls of a stranger's living room
The Spirit told their hearts my words were true.
And the most wonderful sound I've ever heard
Is the sound of water running in the church
As someone I'd come to love got dressed in white
My eyes saw their first glimpse of heaven's light.
Although lessons and baptisms aren't quite as dramatic as the above song makes them sound, I love the whole thing about like the water and especially about seeing heaven's light because that part is totally real!
So as you might guess, we had Renee's baptism this past saturday. I know I joined her story rather far along, but in all cliche it does feel like I've known her for years. Especially since she has undergone so much change in the last few weeks that she even looks different than when I met her. 
We are so glad she's started on the right path. She bore a great testimony yesterday and inspired quite a few group members to share their thoughts on their baptism as well. So sweet! She, like us spent all day saturday involved in churchy stuff, which was really cool to see. And she said that she had a cigarette craving on the way into the water, and it was gone when she came up. Of course. Cliche but true as always.

So on a different note, how did everyone like General Women's Meeting? It was really special to have the first one during my mission! Hehe true I was making comments about how it was way more childish than Priesthood Session, but I mean there were little girls present.
Did anyone else feel like they were watching UP during the second video clip???? Please let me know I'm not alone in that! Haha.
-Sister Laura Cooper

                                                      Sister Smith, Elder Gardner (who baptized her), Renee, and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment