Thursday, June 5, 2014

It's Steaming in Brewton


This week Sister Lloyd and I were left all by ourselves in Brewton. No Elders. No Jenkins (they have finished their mission and are going to pick up their daughter off her mission in Tampa). Just me and Sister Lloyd holding together the group for a few days. We had an entire church building's worth of sound equipment, tablecloths, podiums, books, music equipment, and even Brewton's good old portable water fountain (orange water spout bucket) in our little Malibu.

So that was kind of stressful. I'm glad the group didn't fall apart. We've made it almost a week now without the Jenkins and only have like 2 more weeks until we'll have our new senior couple. Hopefully we can keep making it haha-- pray for us up here.

It's been stormy on and off. It's so not unusual here to just be chilling in partly cloudy weather and all of a sudden the sky starts grumblin' and 10 minutes later it's pouring down rain. And when puddles form and drains fill, they are always full of bubbles. Steam bubbles. I'm not sure how that works. I guess I'll ask a Physics teacher when I get back to BYU. Steam rises off the roads too.

I guess we aren't the only one's who have steam coming out of our ears from time to time in this town. Even the pavement has it's stressed out days.

Sister Lloyd called up the mission office and ordered me a name tag in Spanish to wear to the lessons we teach our Spanish friends. She thinks it will help me gain confidence. We'll see. A couple of our Spanish friends said they would be at church yesterday and bring some drunk friends that need help, but then they said they forgot and went to Pensacola... Oh dear. No drunk friends in Brewton this week.

Spiritual/fun thought for the week. Discovered this scriptural gem in my Book of Mormon studies this week.

 Alma 15:17 Therefore, after Alma having established the church at Sidom, seeing a great check, yea, seeing that the people were checked as to the pride of their hearts, and began to humble themselves before God, and began to assemble themselves together at their sanctuaries to worship God before the altar, watching and praying continually, that they might be delivered from Satan, and from death, and from destruction—

Basically Alma be like

"check yo self"

Talk next week, my happy followers. Peace! :D

-Sister Laura Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment