Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bama

I got transferred (the normal way this time!) to Brewton, Alabama. It's part of the Jay Branch. Elder Smellie, who recently came from there told me that it's awesome and that Brewton is really close to having a branch of it's own. So I might not be opening a proselyting area this time, but maybe I'll get to be there for the opening of a whole new congregation. Awesome sauce. I'm always down for an adventure.

Ok so as for the rest of the week. Basically we had some good breakthroughs with some part member families. The Barcos and the Suddeths. Both are young families with two kids, a super interested nonmember mom and a less active dad, and both have active extended family. Brother Barco's active sister just moved into the ward and she is super cool. She and Sister Barco are very close and such closeness helped the whole family to come to church yesterday! Righteous! The Suddeths are awesome too. They are very patriotic military people. One baby named Lillian America and another named Liberty. We helped them get set up to call bishop and have newborn Liberty blessed. The active brother is coming in to do the blessing. Hopefully this one sunday of required church attendance will help them build a habit. I don't know though. I'm sad I won't be around to see that, just like I'm sad that I missed out on a baptism the defuniak sisters had on saturday of a part member family we were trying to work with when I left. But the work moves on without ya, that's just how it works!
I am nervous, but I'm excited and can't wait to see what lies ahead. My companion is named Sister Smith. I guess we all have to have Elder or Sister Smith as a companion at one point in our missions or another. I've always wondered if they get asked a lot by investigators if they are related to Joseph Smith. I guess I'm finding out.
See ya in Bama! Roll tide?
-Sister Laura Cooper
P.S. Letters written to Palm Blvd in Niceville won't get to me anymore, and I don't know the new address yet, but feel free to write me at the mission home address until next week!
Sister Laura Cooper
1535 Killearn Center Blvd
Tallahassee, FL
32309

No comments:

Post a Comment