Monday, November 18, 2013

Winterswing

A swing into Winter, that's what this week is.

Have I mentioned that DeFuniakans love Christmas.

Because they do.

Lake DeFuniak has been laced with approximately 200 different light up figures. (I'll send home some pics, hopefully they end up somewhere y'all can see them soon). Everyone wants Thanksgiving to be over so that somebody can light up all the little figures and swing little DeFuniak right in to full-on Santa-Reindeer-Nativity-Poinsettia-Penguin mode all the while it is still tropical raining. All of this confusion as to what month it is has

1) Irritated my sinuses and made me sick
2) Caused me to break the social construct that suggests that I shouldn't be listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I am currently obsessed with this one random song on the MoTab Christmas CD I have. It's called the Sussex Carol. I'm sure one of you musical people will want to get on me for calling that probable classic a random song. If you want to express your grievance, my email is laura.cooper@myldsmail.net 

Thanks. ;)

OH. Side thought. We tracted into a member this week who had accidentally not transferred their records to the DeFuniak ward when they moved. Heh. Found. She's got rowdy twin boys who she thinks won't be welcome at church, but for real, if anyone does not want to meet twin two year olds right now, say "I". See, silence.

What is something spiritual I can share with y'all? In personal study this morning, I was looking up "Peace of God" in the topical guide, trying to figure how to be more peaceful. Try looking it up yourself. The answer in the scriptures is clear--serve and be obedient! Hearken to the spirit and the commandments of God. They cannot lead you to be unsettled or afraid. They only lead to "peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come".

Obedience, yo.

Love y'all,
Sister Laura Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment